December 13, 2013 8pm
Wine-Ohs, Calgary, AB
December 21, 2013 7pm
Gallery with 100 Mile House / Brooke Wylie
January 18, 2014 7pm
Gallery with Phyllis Sinclair
February 15, 2014 7pm
Gallery with Elbow River
February 19-23, 2014 7pm
Folk Alliance International, Kansas City, MO
March 15, 2014 7pm
Gallery with Backyard Betties
April 5, 2014 7pm
Gallery with Sarah Scouten
April 25, 2014 7pm
Gallery with Andrew & Zachari Smith
June 22, 2014 3pm
Gallery with Linda McRae
July 20, 2014 3pm
Gallery with Rebecca Lappa
August 15, 2014 7pm
Gallery with Steve Coffey
Gallery with Travelling Mabels
A Salute to Canada's Military
He's a singer, he's a song writer and he has big passion for the Canadian military that shines through in his music. - Shannon Deveau, Yorkton News Review
"BeatRoutes Local Release Roundup"
If anyone is wondering why Calgary was granted 2012 Cultural Capital of Canada, send them this album [Calgary 2011]. - Sebastian Buzzalino, BeatRoute
Updated December 6, 2013
- FRIDAY DEC 13, 2013 WINE-OHS
Chris brings out his band with two full sets! Opener to be announced.
- LOOK OUT KANSAS CITY
To defray flight and accomodation costs of Alberta artists, order pizza through Gallery House Concerts to raise funds for those attending Folk Alliance International in Kansas City, MO.
- 2013 DIGGING HOLES MILITARY TOUR
What an amazing tour it was! You'll hear more through new songs and stories told at upcoming shows.
- Fresh Take on Old-timey Folk
Chris Gheran is a name you'll hear often as you begin to plunder the depths of Calgary's folk music scene. He's a child of two worlds who brings a fresh take on old-timey folk sensibilities. He manages to bridge the gap between popular culture and music from the days of yore, and it's a beautiful synthesis. He's written tracks about our fair city of Calgary, encapsulating the culture beyond the logo-adorned skyscrapers of downtown. As part of the Calgary Folk Music Festival's Musicians in Motion, he collaborated with Ian Tyson while performing live on the Calgary public transit. There's really no telling what he's got up his sleeve for us next, and that's just the way he likes it.- CJSW
- Chris, lead guitar, Ben Gould, and Daniel Kneeshaw on bass win Best Performance in the South Country Fair Songwriting competition. In addition Chris's song "Elephant Man" placed second. We congratulate Matthew Robinson who took first prize.
- Q107 has a maniacal interview with Chris.
- Amanda Dee gives a Hipster holler about Chris Gheran.
- Trekkng Through the Mud by Lisa Wilton.
- Chris has been selected to perform at the 2013 4th Street Lilac Festival Sunday May 26.
- Chris continues to welcome touring artists to Gallery House Concerts.
- Bow Valley Music posts so "No Milk Today" at The Folk Alliance Fundraiser held at Wine-Ohs on November 3rd, 2013.
- EPCOR Centre posts video from the TransCanada Music Series.
- Oh Dear by Chris Gheran with John Rutherford on the C train with Ian Tyson, March 28, 2012 as Calgary sings along.
- APC Gunner music video by filmmaker Bailey Thalheimer .
- It's on the curriculum! Music video Pieces of Stone by filmmaker Doug Cook is being stocked by McGraw-Hill, supplier to Canadian schools.
- Basement recording of You'll Do.